Unrefined Shea Butter is a nutrient rich cosmetic butter packed with vitamins and antioxidants. It deeply moisturizes the skin to help soothe and repair dry, itchy, cracked skin and maintain a healthy glow. Its properties also make it effective in evening out skin tone, diminishing blemishes, dark spots, fine lines and wrinkles. Additionally Shea Butter can be used on the scalp or in the hair to stimulate growth, tame frizz and lock in moisture.
This is a semi soft butter, it melts upon skin contact so can be applied as it is or mixed with other ingredients to make skin and hair care products. Shea Butter is vegan and safe for all skin types.
Unrefined Shea Butter is a completely natural product. The color of the butter can thus vary between ivory or gray and can sometimes have a green tint to it. It has a natural nutty/smoky smell.
Our Shea Butter comes from the nuts of the Shea Tree (Vitellaria Paradoxa) in Ghana, Africa . The Shea tree has been nicknamed “Tree of Life,” for its ability to help with numerous skin, hair, and health conditions. Shea Butter itself is also known as “Mother Nature’s Conditioner” for its exceptional moisturizing and softening properties.
This butter is known to soothe and hydrate mature skin as well as skin that has been damaged by the harsh effects of the elements.
Shea Butter Benefits
- Naturally non-comedogenic, so does not clog pores.
- Loaded with vitamin A (for cellular turn over and collagen production).
- Vitamins E, F and fatty acids for deep moisture.
- Helps repair damaged skin aggravated skin and blemishes
- Fights fine lines, wrinkles, scars, stretch marks, and uneven skin tone.
- Shields skin from pollution, sunlight and strong winds.
- Contains phenols, the same antioxidants found in green tea.
- Pure Unrefined Shea Butter is completely safe for men, women, children and also pregnant moms.
- Helps stop the itching of stretching skin.
- Moisturizes and nourishes the scalp and hair
- Protects hair against the elements
- Helps lock in hair moisture which prevents it from getting dry and brittle
- Shea Butter is an essential ingredient in homemade balms, body butters, soaps, hair products, lotions and more! (see recipes) or (recipe videos)
Shea Butter Melting Point: 89-100 degrees Fahrenheit
- SLS, SLES
Butyrospermum Parkii (Pure Unrefined Shea Butter)
Unrefined Shea Butter, Organic, 150gm
CAUTION & STORAGE
Melt a pea size amount of the butter between your hands and apply to your face or body. You may also mix this into homemade skin and hair care products.
In addition, you can use Shea Butter as a scalp treatment to moisturize the scalp and stimulate hair growth. It can also be used as a hair serum to tame frizzy hair and lock in moisture. For scalp: ensure scalp is damp, then melt a small amount of shea butter in your hands, and massage into the scalp. For a serum, dampen the hair, then melt a small amount of shea butter in your hands and scrunch it into or run it over your hair.