Cocoa Butter is a solid butter rich in antioxidants, vitamins and fatty acids that deeply penetrate the layers of skin to moisturize, improve elasticity and protect it. Its properties make it effective in smoothing or diminishing scars, wrinkles, and similar marks on the skin. It can also help in preventing and minimizing the appearance of stretch marks.
Cocoa Butter melts at skin temperature so can be used on its own as a moisturizer though it is particularly popular as an ingredient in making skin care products such as whipped body butters, balms, creams, lotion bars and more. It is a vegan butter.
Cocoa butter, also called theobroma oil, is a pale-yellow or light brown solid fat extracted from the cocoa bean. Cocoa beans are removed from the large cacao plant. They are then roasted, stripped, and pressed to separate out the fat, known as cocoa butter.
This butter is popular as one of the main effective ingredients in stretch mark and scar creams sold on the market today. The Cocoa Butter we sell is pure, unrefined and completely natural so is concentrated. This whipped up with a carrier oil of choice can be very effective on stretch marks, scars, severely dry cracked skin and more.
This butter has a rich chocolatey smell naturally.
Unrefined Cocoa Butter Benefits
- Penetrates layers of skin for deep moisture and skin repair
- Fights fine lines, wrinkles, stretch marks, and scars
- Shields skin from pollution and strong winds
- Relives dry, cracked or peeling skin
- Helps stop the itching of stretching skin
- Strengthens and regenerates skin by enhancing collagen production
- Loaded with vitamins E and K which are essential to good skin health
- Full of saturated oleic, saturated stearic and palmitic acids all beneficial to skin
- Is an essential ingredient in homemade salves, balms, body butters, soaps, lotions and more!
Cocoa Butter Melting Point: 31 -38 degrees Celsius
Ingredients Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter.
Unrefined Cocoa Butter, Organic, 80gm
CAUTION & STORAGE
Melt a small amount of the butter between your hands and apply to your face or body. You may also mix this into homemade skin care products.
To soften, scoop out and rub vigorously in between clean hands until the desired texture has been reached. Use as a daily moisturizer, and reapply to skin as needed.
This product will melt at high temperatures and become solid again when cool. This is natural and may affect the appearance, but will not harm the quality of the product. If hard, it can be softened by placing in a pan of hot water for 30 minutes or microwaved for a few seconds.